Life is only as good as your mindset.
Hey y’all! It’s been 2 weeks since the New Year started. Many of you are still in the spirit of New Year thinking- “2018 is going to be my year, for sure!” I want to know- when you think “I want to live my best life- full of joy,” what exactly comes to your mind, what do you picture in your mind?
- getting enough sleep
- being adventurous and travelling more
- detoxing the body and staying healthy
- making time for family
- more savings, maintaining a budget
Maybe you’ve many great things planned. But did you realize that for the last few seconds, YOU were HAPPY! Or were at least thinking happily. This, my friends, is what you need to do every single day of your life, doesn’t matter if its 2018 or 50-60 years from now.
Your mindset matters immensely. It’s of no use if I just keep on writing endless points of what you were picturing in your mind few moments ago. Unless and until, you don’t have the right mindset to think positively, you’ll never be able to be actually happy.
There are so many people who suffer from life-threatening illness. Everything seems doom and gloom to them. But what keeps them going? Letting go of worry and not waiting on the edge for the next worst thing to happen.
A positive speed mindset and a strong resolution made it possible for Roger Bannister to become the first man to run a mile in under 4 minutes on May 6, 1954. Until then, people used to think the human body cannot go that fast physically.
Learning to be consciously aware helps you keep your thoughts in the present, warding off you from wandering in the past. You have to train your mind to see the good in every situation; even though some of them might seem sceptical in the first instance.
Bring your own sunshine.
But my friends, Life doesn’t always turn out the way you planned. There’s too much work, it’s too painful, too complicated, and too far to catch up. You might think you’re doing everything perfectly, but then there’s life nudging at you, creating a visual that all your efforts are not worth it. Yes, life doesn’t always work out in our favor. But for this minor reason, we feel like giving up, we stop trying and call it a day. We come to a conclusion that our dream, our ambition isn’t realistic; it’s not worth the long hour and sleepless nights. We sympathize with ourselves and force our mind to believe that if it was really meant to be, it would happen for me. I’m sorry, but I’m not going to pacify you and candy coat this truth: Life kicks you and it kicks you hard!
What are you going to do about it? You are going to bring your own sunshine. In any given situation, you are going to take into account all possibilities and start to look for ways to actually get things done. You’re not going to build castles in the air. No! You’re going to solve your own problems and let nothing bog you down. Paying attention to the negativity will just constrain you. Always remember- no problem is too large, and yes every problem has a solution, if you are willing to look for it. Now you might ask, how do I take charge of my thoughts?
Choose POSITIVITY and make it your LIFESTYLE.
Always have a conscious focus towards positive thinking. Never let a negative situation dominate you. Develop a habit to always strive for possibilities. Your mind can only focus on one thought at a time. So keep it focused on inspiring thoughts.
That said, here are some ideas for you to consider-
- BREATHE– yes breathe. The roller coaster has reached till the top and it is going to come down any moment now. BREATHE. Going into labor or having cold feet just before your wedding? BREATHE. You’ve a healthy pair of lungs, come on, JUST BREATHE. Controlled breathing helps you de-stress.
- READ– any genre, but READ. There are some books that open doors and refresh your mind. Sometimes not thinking about the problem actually widens your vision and helps you sort out things.
- DO NOT STOP– Remind yourself this everyday -Keep Going. In a hurry to see results, do not think that your attempt was unsuccessful. Stay firm with your motive and keep working, looking for opportunities to improve. A Chinese proverb says: Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
- SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE PEOPLE– Family, friends, colleagues all have an influence on your state of mind. Spend time with those who have mutual feelings and positive energy. These people will appreciate you and make you feel confident.
And finally my humble request to you,
SMILE, as often as you can. For all the boys reading this- yes you look much cuter when you smile; and for all the girls- Bruno Mars sings-
When I see your face
There’s not a thing that I would change
Cause you’re amazing just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
Cause, girl, you’re amazing just the way you are.
Here’s a funny quote to put up a smile on your face right now-
“Me? Mature?? Ha! I still laugh when the ketchup bottle farts!”
I want to know what your solution is when you face any problem. You can give some examples or some tips. Please share your short stories in the comments. Come back soon to read my next article or subscribe to get it delivered directly in your inbox. Bookmark this page to save time in searching again. Have a nice day ahead.