When was the last time you looked in the mirror and thanked yourself for the amazing person you are, for all the suffering and stress you have been through so far?
Yesterday? Day before yesterday? Today? Never?!!
You may think what exceptional stuff or activities have I done to thank myself? Have I achieved enough? Am I self sufficient? Is my life over? Recall your past, think deeply (but please stop comparing yourself to someone else because it just doesn’t help). Do you feel you’re at a very basic level and you should be doing something else, something larger? Do you feel there’s still so much more for me to accomplish? I’m destined to do something more bigger.
Then what are you waiting for? Snap to it.
Let me ask you this- does it annoy you that your fellow workers are getting a raise but you’re not? You log into Facebook and your news feed is filled up with someone having a baby, an old friend getting married, someone buying that bike you had been eyeing on for months. It nags you, doesn’t it? All of a sudden, you get a feeling as if you haven’t done anything in your life! 😕
NO! Put a stop to this thought and RISE UP!
Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
Here’s how you are going to handle it. Grab a pen and paper or open your notes and jot down what you think you haven’t accomplished. Let’s look over the circumstances that led to this so called “failure” and check them with the real world.
- Let’s start with money– the source of all pain and misery. It is in fact a very important factor to achieve many things you’ve fantasized about, right? Then start saving. Start investing. Find ways to make more money (obviously without breaking the law). And save for future.
- Ever feel like there’s this huge distance between you and your kids/parents/spouse? Then, start spending time with them. You have to put your time and effort into these relationships.
- Are you visiting the doctor very often? Have you ever wondered why? Maybe if you start exercising regularly, you won’t have to (OK, agreed; this is not true in all cases). But staying fit will help you maintain physical and mental balance.
These are just some basic things in life that will really pay off in the future. You might be thinking- this is a lot of work to do, I don’t have so much time, I’ve a very stressed lifestyle. And I’m just going to answer you this-
Don’t make excuses, make results.
Let me put this straightforward, dear friends. I’ve come to a realization that- people don’t care about what you have been through; they don’t care whether you had to reschedule your meeting, whether your car has a flat tire or whatever life issues you have; they only pay attention to what you’ve overcome.
I say, make a choice to have that drive and determination to overpower any obstacles. Hold yourself responsible for everything happening in your life. Find a way or make a way to achieve bigger results. Please put baseless excuses out of your way and take charge of your life. You either make money or excuses, but you can’t make both at the same time.
Want to know some common excuses people come up with-
- What will others think– admit this one or not, but we all have given up some task in life or delayed doing it just because we thought what will others think, my friends think, the society will think or my followers will think. (Just admit it to yourself, no one knows about it anyways.)
- Fear– almost similar to the above mentioned reason. Fear of falling down after wearing those long heels or falling down when you first got on an escalator, fear of telling your marks to your parents when you first failed.
- This is not the right time– really? Not now? Not the right time to fall in love, not the right time to change your job? Don’t make such statements, only time will tell.
Want to know some more excuses?
- A Runner completed the London Marathon during her period without a tampon (to raise awareness for women who don’t have access to sanitary products).
- An Australian MP breastfed her baby in parliament. (nobody seemed to mind a bit)
- A man graduated from his college at the ripe old age of 88 (he had dropped out to educate his daughters). 😯
How do you think big organizations operate to become the top performing company? They are on a different plane! Discipline and consistency to excel are implanted in the company’s DNA. They overcome all barriers that block their way. If they fail, they look for the root of the problem, rather than excuses; they fix it, not lay blame.
Throughout your life, you’ll hear or make all sorts of excuses, but please do not accept that. Don’t let it grow as your habit. Excuses always substitute your development. Remember- You’re not only unique, but also a winner. I can understand, you’ve to put in the hard work to get the results you want. It costs sleepless nights and is too much painful. Life certainly isn’t easy but nothing good in life comes easy. It comes with tears, sweat and endurance. But guess what,
The pain of the process is only temporary, but the feeling of achievement lasts forever.
The best (and the funniest) example would be getting an injection. 😳 The sting only lasts a few seconds but the benefit you get is for lifetime. Maybe you’re going through a breakup, through misery, the loneliness feeling which is just not leaving you. All of this is momentary. The way you feel right now is killing you, but it won’t last forever. It will soon evaporate as the morning fog. With time, our pain will pass, it always does. So please Hold On Pain Ends. Life is worth living every second. Push through it and keep going. Tell yourself you will survive this. And one day you’ll wake up and it won’t hurt as much. It won’t hurt in any way. The memories which nearly shattered you will flashback, and you’ll see – you’ve grown stronger. You’ve overcome. You’ve moved on.
So get up and go now. Outperform yourself. Participate in a marathon, go to gym, go surfing, diving. Or just go to your office with a broad pleasant smile because that’s where the money comes from, to do all the above mentioned stuff.
Break a leg! (not literally) 😆
I want you to complete one task from your to-do list today which has been pending for a very long time. Let me know if this post has inspired you to do something, anything. Please share your short stories in the comments. Come back soon to read my next article or subscribe to get it delivered directly in your inbox. Bookmark this page to save time in searching again. Have a nice day ahead.